ADVANCED DAIRY HERD MANAGEMENT
An introduction to the most relevant aspects of dairy management
Blanca CPD (Continued Professional Development)
in collaboration with Zoetis Italy
July 1st and 2nd
This course is addressed to pro-active dairy producers with an interest in improving their management and business skills. The course places an emphasis on key aspects of dairy production that impact profitability, covering from basic concepts of economics, management, optimization, decision theory to cow nutrition and management, and data integration. The sessions are highly interactive and it is expected that attendees integrate the concepts by engaging in active discussions. The final objective of the CPD is that the main concepts of the program are rapidly and effectively implemented at the herd level.
- Principles of management process
- Economic principles of decision making
- Top KPIs in fertility and milk quality
- Use of spreadsheets for decision making
- Data handling and economic indicators
- Principles of ration formulation
- Buying ingredients and feed additives
- Biological evaluation of the ration
- Investing for the future: Heifer rearing
- Grouping strategies for optimum profit
- Economic evaluation of reproductive programs
- Data integration and implementation in the farm
- 2 Days. July 1st and 2nd.
- Blanca From the Pyrenees. The Campus.
- Minimum 15p. - Maximum 25p.
- 1,300 €/delegate + VAT (Includes tuition fees + coffee breaks & lunch)
Guglielmo Bartolozzi is a Data Scientist at Kernel Analytics in Barcelona. He is a graduate of the Barcelona GSE Master in Macroeconomic Policy and Financial Markets. Before Kernel, Guglielmo led analytic consulting projects at Accenture for retail, media, banking and insurance services. Before it was acquired by Accenture, he was a data mining consultant at Neo Metrics, specializing in predictive modelling, segmentation, long tail recommendation and customer analytics.
He graduated from the University of Parma in 1990, veterinary buiatra of dairy cows, received his Ph.D. in Bovine Reproduction at the University of Turin; is currently the National Veterinary Manager Zoetis Italy.
He obtained a veterinary degree from the University Autonomous of Barcelona. Then he moved to the United States to pursue a Master and a PhD in Dairy Science at the University of Minnesota. After graduating, he returned to Spain to work in the research department of a multinational feed company, where he built nutritional models for ruminants across Europe. After a few years in the industry, Dr. Bach returned to academia as ICREA Research Professor and Director the Department of Ruminant Production of IRTA (Institut de Recerca i Tecnologia Agroalimentàries) devoted to study ruminant production systems (nutrition, management, development...). He conducts research on ruminant nutrition and metabolism, and dairy cow and replacement management.
Other courses & symposia
Blanca CPD in colaboración with Lallemand. Learn more04/15
Gestión y manejo de rebaños en base a datos. Learn more11/14
Assisted Reproduction Techniques. Learn more
See all courses & symposia